Stuart Anstee & Associates was established in direct response to a growing need for specialist advice on the role of the private sector in biodiversity conservation and ecosystem services. Drawing on our deep knowledge and experience of the risks and opportunities facing business, along with our extensive global network of science, conservation and intergovernmental specialists, we provide advice and services across the sectors to deliver both business and conservation outcomes.
Stuart Anstee & Associates develops bespoke programs for each of its clients depending on the sector and need, but generally services include:
» Identification of biodiversity and ecosystem services risks and opportunities
» Navigation of national, regional and international regulatory, industry and intergovernmental initiatives
» Development of the 'business case', relative to sector and industry
» Biodiversity and ecosystem services policy formulation
» Development of fit for purpose programs, methodologies and tools to deliver against policy commitments
» Biodiversity offset planning and development to meet both compliance and voluntary requirements
» Cross-sector engagement and negotiation of strategic partnerships.
Some of our Achievements
- Implementation of the South Gobi "Sustainable Cashmere Project"
- Development of a cross sector engagement diagnostic and management tool kit .
- Lead author and editor of the "Leading Practise Biodiversity handbook" for the Australian Government.
- Author and editor of the "Leading Practise Rehabilitation Handbook" for the Australian Government.
- Private sector engagement strategy development and implementation for governments and NGOs. planning
- Net Positive impact white paper for the oil and gas industry
- Biodiversity and ecosystem service management support for extractives projects globally.